Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I Timothy2:1 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.

I though about talking politics right after the mid-term election.  I then realized that would make me an idiot.  I already talk religion, am I just a glutton for punishment.  Maybe, I could say a little now.  First, there are Christians in all parties.  Second, if the guy or girl you voted for didn't make it, still pray for them.  Not only pray for them, be thankful for them.  If you think he/she is a major screw up, be assured that God is still on His throne.  If the guy/girl you voted for did make it.  Yippee!  They're still a politician.  I guess what bothers me the most is the fact that people think politics will make everything better.  The gospel is what this nation needs more than anything.  Vote and vote informed, but trust in an Almighty God.  Pray for your leaders.  Pray that God gives them wisdom and that they find salvation in Jesus Christ.  It's a sin to not pray for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment