Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Press On, Work, and Fight

Not that I have already attained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own. Philippians 3:12

So many of us are stuck on the performance treadmill of life. Trying hard to get God to like us is futile. Work this week not for acceptance, but from acceptance. Christian, Christ has made you His own and will keep you.

Remember this as well, grace isn't an excuse to do nothing. Grace inspires effort.

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God in me. 1 Corinthians 15:10

Fight the good fight of faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the confession in the presence of many witnesses. 1 Tim 6:12

Press on, work hard, and Fight the good fight. We're saved by grace, created for good works.

No comments:

Post a Comment