Monday, October 25, 2010

It's been a week since I last blogged.  Mainly, because I tend to get fed up with a lot of talk.  God desires our obedience.  Some spend way too much time reading, blogging, and listening to sermons.  More should just get out and obey.  I'm not the only one that feels this way.  You hear this sentiment all of the time.  Stop going to church and start being the church.  Let's take the church outside.  The last thing we need is another sermon or bible study.  While, I certainly understand these sentiments they can be incorrect. 

All scripture is breathed out by god and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

The word is the very thing that prepares us for good works.  It puts us in the right frame of mind where our good works will be done for God's glory.  We forget sometimes that the word being preached and sung on Sundays is of supreme importance because it exalts Christ, better than we can.  Our creativity, ingenuity, and imagination in praising God doesn't compare to what His word already says about Him.  So get off your butts, but keep the word central.  I get tired of hear people whine, "Why doesn't God speak to me."  Open the bible you sorry sack, HE already did and HE still is.  I don't intend to undermine service and ministering to your community, but I do want the word to come back to the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment