Monday, October 11, 2010

Run Together

So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.  2 Timothy 2:2

You know something I had pointed out to me about this verse.  Notice the word along.  As Christians we are to fight sin and pursue righteousness.  The thing is we aren't to do it alone.  So often I read the bible like it's God's message to me.  The truth is though, it's God's message to us.  How are you helping your brothers and sisters fight sin?  Do you have someone to help you?  I've found that people are so darn insecure about themselves and that makes pursuing intimate friendships really hard.  It's like we're in junior high again wondering if so and so likes me as much as I like them.  It'd be easier if we could write notes and our friends circled yes or no on whether or not they liked us.  Faith requires risk.  That includes in relationships.  We need friends that have our backs.  I"m so thankful for the friends God has given me, but I have so much to learn about loving them right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment