Monday, October 4, 2010

Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance  Romans 2:4

I love to preach certain angles from the bible.  Such as, if you call yourself a Christian then act like it.  Stop sinning morons.  Usually, a little more gentle than that.  The more and more I read the bible it becomes apparent to me that Christians are going to obey.  I heard a pastor once say that if you're unwilling to repent then he's unwilling to call you a Christian.  Martin Luther said the whole Christian life is a life of repentance.  I love that stuff and often try to beat my church over the head with that.  Yesterday, I decided to give them a positive, upbeat message.  Psalms 32.  I talked about what wonderful freedom, forgiveness, protection, and direction there is in God.  In Jesus, there is no condemnation.  I told them to rejoice and shout about how much they've been forgiven.  Funny thing, there were people that were really touched by it.  Of course, God has spoke through a donkey before, so he can use me.  What was strange is that I heard people confessing their sins.  People that were broken about sins.  I  was surprised, but then I realized that God's blessings are supposed to lead us to repentance.  How much we're loved is supposed to humble us.  How amazingly kind God is, draws us to worship and repentance.  We tend to wait for consequences or discipline to turn our lives around.  Instead of that, why not just ponder how much you're loved.  Repent because God is patient, kind and loving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment