Tuesday, October 12, 2010

On Sunday I preached about taking risks.  Today, I ate a chimichanga from a trailer next to a storage place.  Guess who's not a hypocrite now.  Me.  I forget who it was, Schaeffer or Tozer or somebody else, but they said if you took every reference to the Holy Spirit out of the new testament would our churches look any different.  Sometimes I wonder the same about faith after saving faith of course.    In the book of James we realize that people can't see our faith, but they can see our works.  Our works confirm that we have a real faith.  How does your faith express itself?  How does your faith make your life look different?  I just want to encourage everyone who reads this.  Jesus has come that you may have life and have it abundantly.  I'm not talking about some dude in a cheap suit claiming cadillacs in Jesus' name.  I'm not talking about health, wealth, and prosperity.  It's much more than that.  It's an opportunity to know, serve, and fellowship with the one who spoke the world into existence.  Jesus loves you.

1 comment: