Friday, September 17, 2010

9/17 To be more like Bill Pullman

What do I have to offer to the blogging world?  Absolutely nothing.  Yet, I try anyways.  I'm prepared to brave the blogosphere like a young Bill Pullman in spaceballs.  To invade cyberspace like an older Bill Pullman in Independence Day.  I've titled my blog Vessel of Mercy based on Romans 9:23 which follows vs 22 that says there is such a thing as a vessel of wrath prepared for destruction.  Why are there vessels prepared for destruction?  Biblically I must be a Calvinist, but emotionally I tend to be an Arminian or perhaps a 12 yr old girl.  There are times I have severe gripes with God over all of this, but in the same chapter he basically tells me to shut up.  I am the potter, you are the clay.  I have to cling to the fact that God gets the glory in saving a vessel of mercy and gets the glory in destroying a vessel of wrath. What's the  response to being a vessel of mercy?  Thankfulness, glorifying God in all that I do, praying for the lost(ch 10 vs 1), and sharing the good news(10:15).  It seems that if you're a vessel of mercy you must be passionate about sharing the glorious gospel that saved you. I'm not good at a whole lot, but this blog will be my attempt to bring glory to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment