Thursday, September 30, 2010

Remembering

I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart, I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.  I will be glad and exult in you, I will sing praise to your name, O Most High Psalms 9:1-2

David tells us to recount all of God's wonderful deeds.  The whole bible is adamant that we recall all of the marvelous things God has done.  Why is it so hard then?  I've had bad things happen to me before, I can recall almost everything about those situations.  I sometimes replay them in my head.  I guess it's some kind of self torture that I revel in.  Tommy Nelson says something I love, "Don't let what you don't understand about your past, keep you from enjoying your future."  I might have butchered that, but it's close.  Think of three things that God has done for you in the past.  Three wonderful deeds.  See if it puts you in the mood for praising.  Funny thing, even those horrible things I replay in my mind, if I fast forward them a little I see how God worked it out for Good.  Isn't He amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment