Friday, September 17, 2010

Happy Anniversary to Me

Tomorrow my beautiful bride and I head to Memphis for an anniversary trip.  We're going to hang with some good friends.  I'm praying that I don't worry about money, that my children don't murder their grandparents, and that I don't do something to screw the trip up.  I'm thankful for my wife of seven years and love her more now than ever.  Read Ephesians 5:22-32 in your bibles.  Some of you think that God's a chauvinist, some of you are remembering horrible marriage sermons that you've heard.  Read it again, but instead of focusing on husbands and wives think about Christ and the church.  He's the savior of the church vs 22, He gave himself up for her vs 25, sanctifies her and cleanses her vs 26, presents her holy(by His blood) vs 27,nourishes and cherishes her vs 29. and made her members of His body vs 20.  When faced with that, it becomes more apparent how undeserving we are of Christ's love and how much He loves us anyway.  When you gaze into the gospel you become a better lover of people.  Especially, in a marriage.  When others don't deserve your love, love them anyways.  When they've hurt you and you don't want to forgive them, forgive them anyways.  Imagine ways you can be a blessing to them.  Oh how He loves you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment